New enhancements and improved navigation of the WorkAbility® Portal
Available starting March 25, 2013
Changes include: alerts and notifications, document upload, benefit eligibility, benefit calendar, email address verification, employer contacts to Aetna
Products: Disability and Absence Management – WorkAbility Customer Portal
Aetna is pleased to announce several new WorkAbility Portal capabilities for members and plan sponsors. These changes will provide additional convenience and flexibility for our customers in accessing and providing required claim information.
· Members can sign up to receive email notifications when they need to take action(s) on a claim. Members can also view a list of required actions they can initiate directly from the WorkAbility Portal home page.
· Members and plan sponsors can scan and upload completed documents and forms, including physician statements, directly into the corresponding claim through our WorkAbility portal. The simple submission form allows members to submit multiple documents easily and securely to Aetna.
· WorkAbility's enhanced view feature allows membes with leave of absence claims to easily identify federal, state and company leaves for which they are eligible. In addition, a six month benefit calendar will display disability and leave absences from work, showing each absence by day in an easy-to-read format.
· Members who sign up to receive electronic updates via email will have a simple validation link to confirm Aetna has their correct email address. We also expanded the documents available to view online. Aetna will continue to mail all adverse decision letters, as well as all appeal letters and FMLA forms. However these will now be available for secure view online.
· Plan Sponsors who are authorized to review a member’s information can now submit an inquiry through a ‘Contact Us’ link. The Aetna claim representative will send a response in writing via email.
The navigation of the WorkAbility Portal was simplified based on feedback we received directly from our members, and plan sponsors through Aetna’s various improvement initiatives. We re-designed the login screen and simplified the new user registration process. We also introduced a single user profile for our plan sponsors and members to make all updates in a central area. Lastly, we modified the claim intake script with revised instructions to simplify the new claim initiation process.
We will continue to inform you as we roll out additional functionality enhancements to make your Aetna experiences even better!
Thank you for your business.
Disability insurance plans are offered and/or underwritten by Aetna Life Insurance Company (Aetna).
This material is for information only and is not an offer or invitation to contract. An application must be completed to obtain coverage. Rates and benefits vary by location. Disability insurance plans contain exclusions and limitations. Not all disability services are covered. See plan documents for a complete description of benefits, exclusions, limitations and conditions of coverage. Plan features and availability may vary by location and are subject to change. Information is believed to be accurate as of the production date; however, it is subject to change. For more information about Aetna plans, refer to www.aetna.com.
Policy forms issued in OK include: GR-9/GR-9N and/or GR-29/GR-29N.
For more information, please contact your Aetna representative