| Strict COBRA regulations place an administrative burden on your clients and noncompliance can cost their organization thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars in fines, penalties, legal fees and medical claims costs. CBIZ can answer all of their questions and provide them with turnkey COBRA administration services that will increase productivity, reduce liability and save money on their insurance premiums.
CBIZ has developed a turnkey COBRA administration service that will provide everything your clients need to stay in compliance with the law. In addition to handling the day-to-day administrative burden, CBIZ customer service representatives are available to handle questions from both employers and participants. Outsourcing their COBRA administration to CBIZ will reduce your clients’ administrative costs and ease their financial liability. With the assurance that their COBRA administration is being handled properly, your clients will be able to focus on the tasks that make their business a success.
- Toll-free customer service for all COBRA questions
- Online COBRA management services for both employers and qualified beneficiaries
- Initial Notification of COBRA Rights sent to all newly covered employees and dependents
- Qualifying Event Notices sent to qualified beneficiaries following all COBRA qualifying events
- Upon receipt of COBRA elections, generation of confirmation letters and payment coupons
- Collect, process and remit all premiums collected
- Monthly reporting of all COBRA activity either online or by mail
- Preparation and mailing of additional notices as required within proper time frames
- Fair and consistent handling of all COBRA events and Qualified Beneficiaries provided by specially trained staff
- Certification of outgoing mail at CBIZ's distribution center
- Detailed COBRA Procedures Manual
- Client retention tool
- Compliance protection